Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Colour plays an important role in consumers’ decisions to purchase products. To get the colour envisioned by the designer and demanded by the consumer, the communication of colour throughout the supply chain is imperative, especially in textiles items which contain many components.
Attend AATCC’s Color Management Workshop being held 26-27 August 2020, at the Association’s Technical Center in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, and hear world-renowned colour experts discuss the following topics:
- Color Communication – Sandy Johnson, Color Solutions International
- Color Basics – Ann Laidlaw, ACL Color Consulting LLC
- Fundamentals of Dyeing and Challenges to Meet Performance Standards – Nelson Houser
- Understanding Whites and other Fluorescent Materials – Speaker TBD
- Training your Visual Color Apparel Team – Speaker TBD
- Color and Lighting: Control, Efficiency, and Compliance – Ann Laidlaw, ACL Color
- Consulting LLC
- Supply Chain Conformance—Why Don’t my Numbers Match Yours? – Ken Butts, Datacolor
- The Cost of Color Quality – Andrew Fraser, InMocean Group LLC
- The Evolution and Revolution of Global Color Management – Carol Revels, Lands’ End Inc.
- Ultra-Portable Color Measurement: A Spectro in Your Pocket? – Ken Butts, Datacolor
This workshop is designed for merchandisers, retailers, manufacturers, product developers, colour approval managers, specifiers, and designers.
Breakout sessions will focus on illumination and observer issues; sample analysis and measurement technique; implementing virtual development in a digital workflow; processes and technologies for better colour control in the supply chain; and realities of colour management in retail.
Individual and Corporate AATCC members registering on or before 12 August pay US$775 (non-members pay US$1155). Registration includes luncheons, the AATCC Color Guidebook, the Textile Coloration for the Retail Supply Chain book, and a copy of all available presentations.
After 12 August, the registration fee increases to US$825 for AATCC members and US$1205 for non-members. Refunds will be honoured if cancellations are received on or before August 12, 2020. No refunds will be given after August 12. A US$75 cancellation fee will be charged. Attendance is limited so early registration is encouraged.
Visit https://www.aatcc.org/events/workshops/color/ for additional details or to register.
Founded as the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC), the Association continues to evolve to meet the needs of those in the ever-changing textile, apparel, and materials industries. AATCC has served textile professionals since 1921. Today, the Association provides test method development, quality control materials, education, and professional networking for a global audience.