logo

Sign me up!

FREE MEMBERSHIP

Get your FREE Knitting Industry membership. Sign up now...

Shima Seiki
Shima Seiki

14th April 2020, Florence

Decision on Pitti Filati 87 postponed until May

© Pitti Immagine Filati/ AKAstudio – collective.

© Pitti Immagine Filati/ AKAstudio – collective.

Pitti Immagine, owner of the Pitti Filati yarn show, has delayed making any decision regarding whether this summer’s Pitti goes ahead. The company issued this statement a few moments ago.

“The Pitti Immagine Filati Technical Committee, chaired by Raffaello Napoleone and Agostino Poletto, respectively CEO and general manager of Pitti Immagine, took place on April 8 in video conference.

“First of all - says Raffaello Napoleone - we presented the accurate measures prepared to ensure conditions of full safety in all areas of the Fortezza da Basso; the investments in technological innovation for the creation of the new digital platform Pitti Connect intended to organically integrate the physical aspects of the fair; last but not least we illustrated the proposals for financial support that we have forwarded to national and local institutions, in order to obtain for the exhibitors a reduction in the costs of participation in the Pitti trade shows ".

The direction taken by Pitti Immagine was welcomed with satisfaction by the Technical Committee – composed by the representatives of the various components involved in Pitti Filati: exhibiting yarn manufacturers, knitwear factories, buyers – which has started a wide-ranging discussion on the main issues currently under discussion.

“Together with an evaluation on the extension of the containment measures and on the forecasts for the recovery of production activities in the textile-clothing sector – adds Agostino Poletto – we discussed operatively on different issues: timing schedule (presentation of the color chart, sending of samples, collection of orders), new formulas for a setting up of stands, with the aim to reduce the production costs for the exhibitors and the ideal position of Pitti Filati in the events calendar”.

"Given the complexity of the situation, where many elements are still in progress – concludes Raffaello Napoleone – the Technical Committee asked for three more weeks to decide on the format and dates of the show and the next meeting was convened in the first week of May.”

Pitti Filati Website

This article is also appears in...

Comments

Be the first to comment on Decision on Pitti Filati 87 postponed until May

|

Back to Top